WHAT’S THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN CORPORATE & BUSINESS LAWYERS?
Business lawyer and corporate lawyer are terms commonly used to refer to lawyers who advise clients on business relationships, transactions governed by the Uniform Commercial Code, company formations, regulatory compliance, startups, and contract law.
Our business lawyers near NYC provide practical and creative legal counsel while assisting clients in complying with regulatory, statutory and other legal mandates. Our business lawyers share our clients’ entrepreneurial passion and deliver responsive representation that is important for successful organizations.
We often act as outside counsel for startups and small-cap private companies who need a team of lawyers on call, without having the expense of an employed in-house legal team.
DO I NEED A BUSINESS LAWYER?
Listening to our clients and establishing meaningful relationships are keys to our success. Regardless of whether we are representing you in a business transaction, or any other matter, we will provide innovative legal solutions aimed at achieving your goals. Many times the terms of a business relationship, including the manner for resolving disputes, are crafted at the outset of such relations. The ideal time to retain a lawyer is prior to commencing a new business venture or relationship.
WHAT BUSINESS SERVICES DOES YOUR FIRM OFFER?
Our Firm offers a variety of legal services for businesses of all sizes. Below is a non-exhaustive list of such services:
Business Purchase or Sale
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Purchase of Business; Drafting and Negotiating
- Sales of Business; Drafting and Negotiating
- Stock Purchase Agreement; Drafting and Negotiating
- Asset Purchase Agreement; Drafting and Negotiating
- Operating Agreements
- Voting Resolutions
- Charter, Articles of Incorporation and Bylaw Drafting
- Changes of Registered Agents
- Stock Issuance
- State, Local, and Federal Licensing
- Applications of authority for foreign entities
- Home improvement contractor licenses, Sales Person Licensing, etc.
- State & Federal Regulation Guidance
- Hemp, CBD, Cannabis, Food, Apparel, Cosmetics, and others.
Entity Formation and Organization
- Limited Liability Company (LLCs)
- Limited Partnerships
- Sole Proprietorships
Instead of searching for “business lawyers” or “corporate lawyer near me”, contact the Law Office of Elliott J. Brown, today!